Blacksmith Job Quest
You must be at least a level 40 job merchant to start the quest.
Go to the Forge Shop located in the southeastern part of Geffen. By talking to "Altiregen" (the guildsman behind the desk), the job change quest will begin.
"Altiregen" will ask you to find "Geschupenschte" in the Alberta weapon shop.
"Geschupenschte" will ask you 10 questions. Answer incorrectly and you will restart the test. The questions and their answers are below.
• Which region is matched incorrectly with its specialty item?Alberta - Swordmace
• What status can be inflicted with the Hammer Fall skill? - Stun
• Which skill cannot be performed by a Merchant? - Increase Agi
• Where can you find a store that sells Blue Gemstones? - Geffen
• Where is the Tool Dealer located in Geffen? - 8 o'clock direction from the town square
• Which weapon cannot be used by a Merchant? - Bible
• Which has the highest defense rate? - Mink Coat
• For Level 3 weapons, what is the Safe limit for upgrading? - up to +5
• What item can be made using the Trunks item? - Sakkat
• The most important part of being a Merchant is...? - Money
• Which region is matched incorrectly with its specialty item? Aldebaran - Hammer
• How much Zeny is one Jellopy worth? - 3z
• What is required for a Merchant to use the vending skill? - Must Have a Cart
• Where can you change your Job to become a Merchant? - Alberta
• Where is the Weapons Dealer located in Morroc? - 5 o'clock direction from the town square
• What weapon can a Merchant not use? - Claymore
• Which one of the following has the highest defense rates? - Mink Coat
• For level 4 weapons, what is the safe limit for upgrading? - Up to +4
• What monster does NOT drop Iron Ore? - Anolian
• The most important part of being a Merchant is...? - Any of the choices
After answering the questions, you will be asked to bring the following items.
• Set 1 - 8 Iron, 20 Green Herb, 2 Animal Skin, 1 Ring Pommel Saber
• Set 2 - 8 Iron Ore, 1 Eye Patch, 2 Blue Gemstones, 1 Arbalest Bow
• Set 3 - 2 Steel, 1 Rotten Bandage, 2 Blue Gemstones, 1 Arc Wand
• Set 4 -2 Star Dust, 1 Skel-Bone, 1 Zargon, 1 Gladius
• Set 5 - 2 Coal, 2 Shell, 2 Red Blood, 1 Tsurugi
"Geschupenschte" will always ask one type of weapon that can be bought at NPCs
After bringing "Geschupenschte" the items, he will refine the weapon. The results will be delivered to Bismarc at Morroc, Talpiz in Payon [214,79]or Baisulist [46, 164] in Geffen, Krongast [69,181] in Izlude, or Wickebine, in Comodo (160,342). Bismac will then give the player a voucher to give to "Geschupenschte".
Hand "Geschupenschte" the receipt then head back to Alberta's Blacksmith Guild and talk to "Altiregen" again. Altiregen wants the player to talk with Mitmair, a female blacksmith in Morroc [94,132].
She'll have you do a quiz, but this time it's just 5 questions.
• What ability is required to learn the Discount skill? - Level 3 Enlarge Weight
• When you attack with Hammerfall, what status effect can you inflict on enemies? - Stun
• How much Zeny is spent when attacking with the mastered Mammonite Skill? - (Level 10) 1000z
• What is the discount rate when the Discount skill is mastered? - 24%
• What is the maximum percent that you can overcharge items sold to NPC's after mastering the Overcharge skill? - 24%
• Which of the following monsters drops Steel? - Skel Worker
• Which of the following stones can be made from Red Bloods? - Flame Heart
• Which of the following stones do you have the most of in your Kafra Storage? - Check your storage
• In general, which of the following properties receives the most damages from Wind attribute weapon? - Water Property
• How many Iron is required to make 1 Steel? - 5
After answering all of the questions correctly, you will be given a "Hammer of Blacksmith" to give to "Altiregen". After giving the hammer to Altiregen, he will change your job to Blacksmith. If you were Job Level 50 as a Merchant, you receive 30 Steel.